Ixaris is recruiting a Senior Software Engineer - Java to join our diverse, ambitious team.
We are on a mission to make payments smarter, because we know payments can be a driver for innovation and growth across every business and industry. Our challenges are unique, so we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them. Voices like yours.
Senior Software Engineer
Ixaris is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - Java to help our Malta-based cross functional teams design, develop and maintain our payments platform and the applications that reside on it. The ideal candidate has a drive to engineer high-quality solutions to complex problems. Experience in steering engineering teams’ growth through mentorship is a definite plus.
What you’ll do
- As a senior member of a cross-functional team, drive the delivery of high quality software, while ultimately being accountable for their code quality, providing constructive feedback and motivation to this end
- Lead the planning and design of product and technical initiatives
- Drive improvements in engineering techniques, standards, practices and processes across the entire department, always encouraging a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our software and its development infrastructure and project delivery process
- Identify and propose strategies for technical problem solving, while actively participating in guilds and community of practice teams and initiatives to shaping our technology roadmap
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience engineering software and can communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues
- You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and engineering practices and processes
- You have extensive Object Oriented Software Development experience/knowledge preferably in Java, comfortable with frontend technologies (Angular and React)
- You love test-driven development that emphasises well-written unit and integration tests, and champion best engineering practices
- You have experience or familiarity with JUnit, Mockito, Selenium, MySQL and NoSQL (Mongo) databases, implementing and consuming APIs, documenting API specs (RAML and OpenAPI), microservices and tools like Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes
Who we are
From launching Europe’s first virtual cards to shaping the future of payments, innovation is in our DNA. Ixaris is a Principal Issuing Member of Visa and Mastercard. We help customers in more than 50 countries make smarter payment choices, processing.
Perks of the job
- Assistance relocating to Malta
- Full health insurance coverage
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Paid maternity and paternity leave