Based in Malta, the Software Engineering Team Lead will help in the creation of innovative payment technologies that will revolutionaries the payments industry. If you are looking to work in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment with ample opportunities for growth — this role is for you. Read on.
Working closely with other team leads, product owners and technical architects, our Software Engineering Team Lead spearheads a team of highly talented software engineers in the design, development, testing and maintenance of payment products. They combine good technical experience with a passion for people. They can get the best out of their team members, motivating them in their personal development and keeping them accountable for delivering high-quality business value on time and on budget, in an agile environment.
Our Software Engineering Team Lead has a positive, can-do attitude and thrives when pursuing continuous improvements. While leading the software engineering team, they are expected to continue working as a developer and develop new, required technical skills.
- Continuously improve the team's productivity and time management, motivating team members and holding them accountable for deliverables and results
- Continuously provide feedback to the team and directly participate in their professional development by providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure all team members live up to their potential through 1-1s and performance appraisals.
- Encouraging collaboration within the team and help coordinate across teams to ensure resolution of technical dependencies and other issues
- Work with the team to deliver high-quality Java-based software, ensuring that best engineering and agile delivery practices are followed
- Work with the Product Owner(s) to ensure teams are aligned with business goals and desired outcomes
- Identify areas of improvement, drive change, and effectively communicate standards and solutions to problems
- Participate in the recruitment processes
- 5+ years of experience in software development, working on different software projects and genuinely keen on sharing the lessons learnt with fellow engineers
- Team-leading experience with the ability to influence, set an example, and develop your team to continuously improve outcomes
- Well-rounded knowledge of current technologies and engineering practices, keeps up to date with latest developments
- Extensive knowledge of Java-based server-side/backend technologies, such as Spring, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, JOOQ and should be comfortable with using frontend technologies like Angular JS and React JS
- Delivery-mindset, setting high-standards while facilitating the delivery of engineering work and establishing a productive and engaging team environment
- Pragmatic and able to balance various constraints involved in delivering software to produce satisfactory results in a timely fashion
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to drive and participate in design and planning sessions, steering the team toward making effective engineering decisions
- Appreciation of core Agile values, having experience implementing and working within an Agile development environment