Ixaris’ ambitious growth plans demand a Data Engineer to join our team. Ixaris currently serves customers in over 50 countries and helps companies make smarter payment choices, processing $billions in outbound payments for sectors including travel, media and insurance.
If you think, there is no better feeling than nailing the solution to a complex problem — read on.
The Data Engineer role is part of the Business Intelligence function at Ixaris. The Data Engineer collaborates closely with stakeholders across the company to design, develop and maintain our payments data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Data Engineers draw their expertise and experience to assist in engineering high-quality solutions to complex problems in the domain, helping to shape the future of our platform and constantly raise the bar.
This role is tasked with the following key deliverables:
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our data solutions, its development infrastructure and project delivery process
- Work in a multi-functional team to design and implement phases of product and technical initiatives, making effective data engineering decisions
- Be accountable for quality code and a champion of best industry practices, keeping up to date with technological trends
- Actively participate in guilds and community of practice teams and initiatives, shaping the technology roadmap
- Eager to learn about new technologies and adapt to team dynamics
- Ability to support the running of data solutions in a critical environment
- Urge to learn about the dynamics of the payments eco-system
- 2+ years of experience working in data or business intelligence environments
- Well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and data engineering practices and processes, up to date with the latest developments
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and concepts
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language such as Python, Java or Scala
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Proficient in using a data integration tool such as Talend, Pentaho or SSIS
- Experience using a data visualisation tool such as PowerBI, Tableau or QlikView
- Experience of an analytics engine such as Apache Spark and ability to write applications using libraries such as DataFrames and Spark Streaming is desirable
- Knowledge of statistical computing language such as R+ will be considered an asset