From launching Europe’s first virtual cards to shaping the future of payments, innovation is in Ixaris’ DNA. Combining a consultative approach with the award-winning Ixaris Payments platform, Ixaris is a Principal Issuing Member of Visa and Mastercard, with customers in more than 50 countries with three regulated entities across the UK (EMI / PI FCA regulated) and Malta (EMI with MFSA).
About the Role
Reporting directly to the CFO (in the interim to the CEO), Ixaris is looking for a qualified individual that has extensive experience in running finance departments within the regulated FinTech space, preferably with B2B Card Issuing experience.
The candidate must have a strong professional background and be commercial savvy. You need to be able to manage all aspects of the finance function, be very familiar with international accounting practices and have a good understanding of payments regulatory requirements. The candidate must be able to deep-dive in the details and also be able to communicate efficiently at board level.
The candidate will be in charge of the finance function across the group, consisting of two regulated entities in the UK (supervised by the FCA) and one regulated entity in Malta (supervised by the MFSA).
What you will be doing
- Oversee finance, treasury, tax and all other finance tasks within the group
- Preparation of group management accounts for CEO and board
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations and managing financing facilities
- Responsible for the production of accurate and clear forecasting for the business
- Maintain a robust financial control system, making sure that the system is documented and reviewed regularly
- Accountable for the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies
- Support the business in the conclusion and maintenance of ongoing commercial partnerships from both a financial optimisation and commercial sensibility
- Ensuring that all customer funds are safeguarded in-line with regulatory requirements and the Ixaris safeguarding policy adhered to
- Preparing regulatory reports as required (e.g. capital adequacy reporting) and statutory reports
You will also be involved in the following :
- Maintaining the accounting records of the business
- Input into accounting processes
- Production of a dashboard for the business with high level financials and operating metrics
- Ensuring the control and management of statutory audit
- Overseeing and planning and budgeting and ensuring business growth
Skills & Requirements
- Proven experience in the FinTech sector, experience working with Visa/Mastercard issuing members preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a finance role, preference with experience working with an FCA regulated business
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Knowledge of financial services compliance requirements
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Very strong leadership and organisational skills
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Qualified CIMA or ACCA
- UK based with an ability to work in the UK
- Ability to undertake international travel upon request