Being a key contributor to the Client Experience operations team, the role entails assisting with the processing of all client operational activities, including payment & support related activities.
Overview of the Role
The Client Operations Manager will be responsible for leading the Client Operations team in aiding both internal and external clients, with all tasks related to Client well-being, day-to-day operational payment tasks and queries, support tasks and queries as well as deploying and configuring client applications. This is a critical customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving both internal system problems, as well as external customer-related issues. The Client Operations Manager will be responsible as first point of escalation.
The role will require a blend of technical and business knowledge, as well as excellent communication skills to be able to provide a highest level of customer satisfaction. The Client Operations Manager must be a motivated team player that can see projects to completion, work independently, and be willing to lead other team members to ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
- Lead team by making sure that all team members are following procedures and the right information and resolution times are given to the clients;
- Act as first point of escalation for client issues;
- Responds to client queries using a ticketing system in a professional, polite, informative, thorough and timely way, providing a high level of personalized client service;
- Make sure that both payment operational processes and support operational processes are kept updated, as well as ensuring that all team members adhere to these processes;
- Maintains a consistent and positive customer service image when interacting with clients;
- Proactively keeps up to date with Ixaris activities, products and services to ensure queries are handled in a professional manner;
- Deploy clients on testing and production Ixaris server applications and perform any necessary configurations;
- Escalates and resolves cases in prompt time ensuring corporate SLAs are met;
- Interacts with third-party suppliers and other departments as required;
- Prepares documentation for tools and processes;
- Prepares monthly reports to management on the day-to-day operational activities handled by the team, as well as highlighting deficiencies that need rectification;
- Contributes to ongoing improvements to processes, procedures and comms within the team;
- Has a passion for high quality customer service.
Skills and Knowledge
The right applicant should have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Knowledge of API messaging using SOAP and REST and use of tools such as SOAPUI/Postman;
- Firm knowledge of SQL/MySQL. Ability to query databases;
- Understanding and familiarity with web applications running on Apache/Linux environments. You don’t need to be a developer or expert - but understanding these technologies and their usage is a strong advantage;
- Being able to work on multiple projects/tasks at the same time without losing focus;
- Attentive to detail, and focus on high quality communications; both written and spoken;
- Strong analytical skills;
- A team player, able to add value to the support process and get the best from others;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize as required;
- Experience in client facing roles especially dealing with people from different cultures and backgrounds;
- A positive person with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn;
- Candidates with a qualification in ITIL Foundation or above would be preferred;
- Candidate preferable is required to have at least a MQF Level 5 qualification (Diploma or equivalent). An MQF Level 6 (Degree) qualification would be considered as an asset;
- Candidates with experience in the payment industry and client services would be preferred.