Ixaris is recruiting a Database Administrator to join our diverse, ambitious team.
We are on a mission to make payments smarter, because we know payments can be a driver for innovation and growth across every business and industry. Our challenges are unique, so we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them. Voices like yours.
Ixaris is looking for a Database Administrator to help our Database Operations team administer, maintain and evolve our MySql, MS Sql Server and Mongo Clusters used by production (PCI compliant), development and BI infrastructures. The team is responsible for monitoring the various database environments and processes, providing second line support for internal and external user requests related to Database, Business Intelligence, Big Data and Data Mining solutions. The ideal candidate has Database Administration experience and preferably fluent in Unix and scripting languages such as Bash and Python.
What you’ll do
- Administer highly-available database server clusters as well as standard BI tools, ensuring optimal performance, capacity management, reliability, secure access, smooth release management replication, backups and recovery plans;
- Help drive the evolution of the existing BI infrastructure to the next level, using BI cutting-edge technology.
- Provide advice and expertise to other departments related to database schemas, queries, BI tools and performance optimization;
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the operational data dictionary.
Who you are
- A B.Sc. in IT or equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of MySql, Microsoft SQL Servers and BI Suite (ETL and Data Analysis tools);
- Knowledge of Percona tools and Mongo will be considered an asset;
- Expertise in optimizing Schemas, SQL tuning and ETL pipelines together with excellent troubleshooting skills;
- Good Writing and communication skills, a can-do attitude and willingness to learn;
- Knowledge of UNIX, Application servers, scripting languages such as Bash and Python and Infrastructure automation tools like Puppet and Ansible are all additional assets for the post;
- Experience in the financial industry will be considered as an asset.
Who we are
From launching Europe’s first virtual cards to shaping the future of payments, innovation is in our DNA. Ixaris is a Principal Issuing Member of Visa and Mastercard. We help customers in more than 50 countries make smarter payment choices, processing.
Perks of the job
- Assistance relocating to Malta
- Flexible working hours
- Full health insurance coverage
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Social events and activities to connect and unwind