Ixaris is recruiting a Data Engineer to join our diverse, ambitious team.
Who we are
From launching Europe’s first virtual cards to shaping the future of payments, innovation is in our DNA. Ixaris is a Principal Issuing Member of Visa and Mastercard. We help customers in more than 50 countries make smarter payment choices, processing.
We are on a mission to make payments smarter because we know payments can be a driver for innovation and growth across every business and industry. Our challenges are unique, so we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them. Voices like yours.
The Data Engineer
The Data Engineer role is part of the Business Intelligence function at Ixaris. The Data Engineer collaborates closely with stakeholders across the company to design, develop and maintain our payments data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Data Engineers draw their expertise and experience to assist in engineering high-quality solutions to complex problems in the domain, helping to shape the future of our platform and constantly raise the bar.
What you'll do
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth understanding of the business logic embodied in our data solutions, its development infrastructure and project delivery process.
- Work in a multi-functional team to design and implement phases of product and technical initiatives, making effective data engineering decisions.
- Be accountable for quality code and a champion of best industry practices, keeping up to date with technological trends.
- Actively participate in guilds and community of practice teams and initiatives, shaping the technology roadmap
- Eager to learn about new technologies and adapt to team dynamics.
- Ability to support the running of data solutions in a critical environment.
- Urge to learn about the dynamics of the payments eco-system.
Who you are
- 2+ years of experience working in data or business intelligence environments.
- Well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies and data engineering practices and processes, up to date with the latest developments.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse design and concepts
- Good knowledge of an object-oriented language such as Python, Java or Scala
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with Database Management Systems such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL.
- Proficient in using a data integration tool such as Talend, Pentaho or SSIS.
- Experience using a data visualisation tool such as PowerBI, Tableau or QlikView.
- Experience of an analytics engine such as Apache Spark and ability to write applications using libraries such as DataFrames and Spark Streaming is desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical computing language such as R+ will be considered an asset.
Perks of the job
- Assistance relocating to Malta.
- Full health insurance coverage.
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships.
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.