Ixaris is recruiting a Technical Support Engineer to join our diverse, ambitious team.
We are on a mission to make payments smarter, because we know payments can be a driver for innovation and growth across every business and industry. Our challenges are unique, so we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them. Voices like yours.
Technical Support Engineer
Ixaris is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide technical support to our corporate customers, monitor and maintain our hosted systems, and set up new deployments. The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and willingness to learn. Experience in the financial industry (including knowledge on PCI-DSS) is a definite plus.
What you’ll do
- Setup new environments and manage releases, help automate release processes of all systems, using tools like Rundeck, Ansible and Puppet
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues, provide customer support, as part of our on-call technical support team
- Maintain operations and administer Ixaris’ proprietary and ancillary systems to meet system performance and uptime SLAs
- Maintain automated monitoring at all levels (hardware, networking, virtualisation, OS, databases, applications on hardware and cloud) using tools like Zabbix and Prometheus, and automate and perform platform configurations
- Develop or implement tools for system monitoring, identification and problem solving, automated release and disaster recovery processes
Who you are
- You have a BSc. in ICT or Engineering, or an equivalent qualification, or a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- You have experience working with Java-based applications, MySQL and Linux
- You know how to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests
- You are self-driven, flexible, and have the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. You know how to conduct a meeting in English and also document in English
Who we are
From launching Europe’s first virtual cards to shaping the future of payments, innovation is in our DNA. Ixaris is a Principal Issuing Member of Visa and Mastercard. We help customers in more than 50 countries make smarter payment choices.
Perks of the job
- Assistance relocating to Malta
- Full health insurance coverage
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Paid maternity and paternity leave