Ixaris started in 2003 when a group of four people came together with one great idea: to launch Europe’s first virtual prepaid Visa card. Today, this product empowers millions of consumers with a safe, reliable and convenient way to pay online. But our journey didn’t end there.
Our B2B payment apps have revolutionized the way our commercial clients operate and are used by market-leading international businesses. Today, we are responsible for over 5 million global transactions per year.
Reporting directly to the newly appointed Group Financial Controller, the Group Statutory Accountant will be responsible for providing leadership and financial oversight for Ixaris Corporate Finance in Belgium and preparation of Group Statutory Accounts, assisting with all overseas entities. Working alongside the Regional Corporate Accountants (UK and Malta), the Group Statutory Accountant will provide top notch financial acumen and insight. They will make recommendations to the CFO for the development and maintenance of accounting practices and procedures to ensure efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting. The Group Statutory Accountant will also be responsible for managing card scheme projects and implementations.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have a drive to improve processes, systems and reporting continuously, and if you have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Group Statutory Accountant is tasked with the following key deliverables:
- Meeting all audit, FSMA, tax and company secretarial compliance requirements for Ixaris Group’s Belgium registered entities;
- Managing cash flow, budgeting and forecasting;
- Constant evaluation and improvement of internal policies and controls;
- Producing insightful management account reports to strict deadlines;
- Collaborating with all group departments, regional offices, banks, legal counsel and other external stakeholders;
- Analyzing business processes, identifying new opportunities, and driving projects to improve further processes and systems, with a focus on quality and efficiency;
- Managing scheme projects implementations whereby effectively delivery live implementations from start to completion;
- You will manage the relationships with current third-party payment partners, including schemes, and processors in relation to the Belgium activity;
- Performing ad hoc financial analyses as requested.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- A university degree and/or a recognized professional accounting qualification;
- Experience in the payment card industry ideally with a related fin-tech company or experience working for a card issuer;
- Commercial experience within operations and project management;
- A sound knowledge of debit and credit card processing;
- Strong Microsoft Excel financial modelling skills;
- Ability to identify financial and operating trends, and produce financial forecasts;
- Ability to understand how the business operates and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by the Finance team;
- Strong research, critical thinking, problem-solving skills and analytical skills.